After graduating from school, many enrolls, especially those interested in engines, decide to become professional engineers. Admission and subsequent studying are complicated tasks since they are accompanied by multiple challenges. A typical trial is passing an exam requiring writing various assignments, such as essays, case studies, or coursework. Such papers can be on different topics and aim at testing your knowledge about the engineering field and zeal for this occupation.
Our website provides a rich catalog of engineering essay examples to help you hone your writing skills and even gain a scholarship. You will also find several educational establishments that would be the best match for your engineering career goals.
While pursuing career goals, students frequently face the question of what university to choose. We have selected five perspective establishments deserving your attention:
- Cornell University is a private educational institution located in New York, delivering high-quality education for a vast range of learners. The university possesses the College of Engineering specialized in Biological, Biomedical, Civil, Electrical, and Computer Engineering.
- Princeton University is a unique research university engaged in exploring various scientific issues. The entity has the School of Engineering and Applied Science preparing students in such specializations as Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, and many others.
- Yale University provides profound education for graduate, undergraduate, and professional students in numerous occupations. These occupations include Chemical & Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science, and Genetics.
- The University of Michigan has undergraduate, professional, and graduate schools, as well as online programs. Engineering specializations comprise Aerospace Engineering, Industrial & Operations Engineering, or Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Science.
- The University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science (UVA) is an excellent variant for those who desire to major in Engineering. UVA Engineering includes diverse specializations such as Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, and many others.
Types of Engineering Essay
In the engineering field, you manage to reveal many topics and problems that can be under the focus of your attention. Nevertheless, most essays on engineering relating to three major types:
- An argumentative or persuasive essay is the most widespread type of essay, irrespective of the field of study. This type should present a clear thesis statement with further development of comprehensive arguments on it. At the same time, the writer should bolster the assertions with evidence from books and peer-review articles. It is also worth noting that such essays are often asked during admission exams. Besides, these essays can argue for the use of specific technology or scientific method. Sometimes, these assignments bear similar features with exemplification essays.
- An analytical essay is a piece of academic writing that conducts an in-depth analysis of a particular problem. A good analytical essay about engineering provides a substantive explanation of specific contemporary issues and analyzes their reasons and consequences. Moreover, it can contain supplemental or introductory information that benefits readers’ understanding. Altogether, this is usually a long essay demanding strenuous efforts and deep critical thinking.
- A reflective essay is an essay where students present a critical exploration of their experiences. For instance, these experiences can be connected with completing a particular program or course. These essays can mirror your personal attitudes, ethics, principles, and views.
Overall, writing essays and other papers can become an exciting learning activity. It will help you deepen your knowledge about the engineering field and develop skills beneficial in the workplace. In this regard, our website provides many engineering essay examples on multiple topics and of different types. They will guide you in numerous issues, including essay structure, format, citing sources, and work with words and databases.