Linguistics has the language as an object of exploration and its structure, development, and functioning patterns as the subject. Linguistics is the discipline which studies language as the substantive instrument of communication between people. The inner structure of linguistic consists of three directions: theoretical, practical, and applied. On this page below, there are hundreds of samples of various essays on linguistic in pdf and docx formats which suitable for different academic degrees of studying: college, university, graduate from school, and others.
The Structure of an Essay on Linguistic
The main aim of students who study linguistics is not only in learning the selected language but in understanding and overthinking the principles of language structure. They have to figure out how language’s specifications, for instance, spelling, grammar, and alphabet, influence people and society who use it as spoken.
An essay on linguistic provides the required information, taken from academic resources and lectures, and the personal reasoning and inferences confirmed by persuasive examples. The understanding of the linguistic areas of explorations demands detailed analysis and, as with any other specific issue, cannot depend only on personal opinion and thoughts.
The assignment on this topic should include the introduction, the main part, and the conclusion:
- the introduction with a thesis statement that states the position of the author, this part is significant because you should formulate an intense, thought-provoking, and even argumentative statement;
- the main part which consists of paragraphs with topic sentences that support the thesis statement, a shred of good comparative evidence supporting the thesis statement can be a practical example or the persuasive argument based on the provided references;
- the conclusion that summarizes the main ideas and restate the thesis statement
The writing should be plagiarism-free and adhere to declared limited length. The short essay can be 275-500 words and the long one 550 – 1100 words and more. If the teachers give the necessary format of citation style, the assignments have to meet all recommendations.
Linguistics Essay Examples
Linguistics seems to be a rather demanding and challenging discipline. Students typically face difficulties in understanding and observing the theoretical aspects of linguistics. Modern linguistics widens its frameworks and implies in other sciences, penetrating practically all spheres of our lives. There are five directions in current linguistic studies:
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Corpus Linguistics
- Computational Linguistics
Theoretical Linguistics Essay Examples
According to the theoretical database of linguistics, you can be interested in such examples of topics as:
- Linguistic Anthropology
- Descriptive Linguistics
- Corpus of the Poem (any model)
- Expository Discourse
- Linguistic Arbitrariness
- Comparative Linguistics
- Method of Analysis for Linguistical Misconceptions
Practical Linguistic Essay Examples
The language and society cannot perform without one another, which means that they influence each other equally. And these aspects of influence are very interesting for explorations. The supposed topics can be:
- National Language and Its Social Dialects
- Socio-communicative Status of the Language
- The Structure of Society and the Structure of Language
- The National and Language Policy of the Country
Linguistics helps people understand each other, analyze cultural differences through language and communication, and avoid misunderstandings. Linguistics studies the various aspects of language that can be interesting for investigations, from historical backgrounds of languages (English, French, Spanish, etc.) to grammar structures, syntax, and other structural aspects. There are samples of essays about linguistics on the page below; if there are any questions, it is the right time to contact the support service.